The information for the 6.5 and 7.5 combo leagues have been mailed out, so it’s time to contact your local captains and get with it.
You probably know this, but: A 6.5 combo would be a 3.0 playing with a 3.5; a 7.5 combo is 3.5 playing with 4.0.
- Deadline to register teams is Aug. 17.
- Deadline to have roster (of at least 6) in is August 24.
- Men’s leagues start Sept. 12, and will be played on Saturday mornings.
- The 6.5 women’s leagues start Sept. 14, there will be a day team and a night team.
- The 7.5 women play Tuesday nights and Wednesday days, starting the week of Sept. 7.
I believe Mary Dunlap is captaining a 6.5 day team. Phuong and Nikki are captaining the 6.5 night team. Get with them, though I’m sure they have already reached out to most of you.
For the men, Cotey and Hajek will captain the 6.5 men. I am not sure who will captain the 7.5, but probably one of the 4.0s at the club, I’ll update when I find out.
Note: Last year, we only had two teams in the 6.5 league, the Green Machine and Tampa Palms. If there are no other clubs participating, since there seems to be a dearth of 3.0s in Tampa Bay, we may need to come up with two teams from the club. Something to think about, and a bridge we’ll have to cross when we get to it.