While the schedule will be out any day now, the list of teams competing has been posted.
I’ll wait for the schedule before compiling a 50-page Power Point scouting report, but I did peep the team records:
- Broward: 10-2, and 43-17 in lines. Second-place team was 8-4.
- Collier: 5-2, 22-13 in lines. Played in a two-team league. Looks like Collier also played in a spring league for 18-over, and this just competed at sectionals in June for that.
- Duval: 13-1 in a 15-team league!
I said 15 teams were in Duval’s league!
Duval County sounds like 3.5 heaven. (In related news, I’m moving to Duval County. Later, suckas!). Anyway, Duval beat out two 12-2 teams for the title. It’s only loss was to one of the second-place teams. And they were 55-15 in lines.
- Alachua: 7-2 in a 4-team league, and 31-14 in lines won. Second-place team was 6-3.
- Green Machine: 4-2 in a 3-team league. Went 20-10 in lines. Would have been 6-0 if Cotey/Hann hadn’t let a 9-3 lead in a third-set tiebreaker slip away against Fishhawk. Not sure if you heard about that. Plus, Slats gave some Cheval dude his only singles win of 2015 so far in the season finale.
I think that makes us deceptively terrific.