1. The 3.5 team ekes out a masterful victory in the season opener. The Blog is back live. Read all about it BY CLICKING ON ME!
2. Our 3.5 match with Fishhawk Ranch has been rescheduled, so it no longer conflicts with the 6.5 sectionals in Daytona Beach, where most of our 3.5 players will be that weekend. It is now Feb. 13.
3. Ordering shirts for 6.5 sectionals, long sleeve, cotton, keep you warm in the winter and keep sun off you in the summer. Fresh new one-of-a-kind (except for the part where we stole it off the interwebs) design by the great Cotton Lowe, a Green Machine Charter Member. I think they will be $20, I am placing order today. Send your size to email@example.com if you want one. And you should.
3. Speaking of sectionals, we are in a bracket with Countryside (another Club Corp team), Escambia (we beat them at sectionals last year) and Alachua (lost to them 3-2 at 3.5 sectionals, but if Cotey hadn’t blown a 1-set lead and hit a wall and choked away his singles match against a 3.0, we woulda won).
Listen, people, any team can rise up and play a great match and beat anyone at sectionals. But all I am going to say is, if Vegas we’re placing odds, it’d probably list us as the favorite to win our pool, if anything based on the fact that we were 2-1 last year and return everyone.
If you can’t get your asses ready for this, then I don’t know you any more. Oh, and the other bracket has last year’s finalists (Leon and Lake Wales) as well as the 2014 champs (Marion), so the USTA Gods have been kind to us.
4. Andy Ritter pulled his groin in Saturday’s 3. 5 loss. He literally played the final set holding his groin in place to finish out the match. He’ll be on the shelf until sectionals, probably. Wish his groin well. We need him if we’re going to be successful at sectionals.
5. Cotey and Hann lost to Hajek and Slats 7-5 on Sunday, then Cotey and Slats defeated Hann and Hajek 7-6. Hanny is looking really good right now. Reminds me of last year when he started to heat up in January and then went to sectionals and tore it up, earning team MVP honors.