Hey all, just wanted to shoot out a reminder that the Morning Star tennis tournament deadline is THIS Friday. I highly recommend this event, having played in it the past two seasons. I think it would be an ideal competitive tuneup for sectionals May 20-22, and it’s just a fun time.
I know I am playing (doubles and mixed doubles), Sharon is playing, Phuong would love a partner to call her and ask her to play (she has played the last two years), Erik Hajek I believe has plans to play, Cherie would love to play, John Slatniske is chewing on it. The tournament is Friday, April 29 (for those playing in two events, like mixed and regular doubles) through Sunday, May 1.
I enjoy this event and want a big group to go so much, I will personally make sure entry forms get delivered to the Morning Star School myself.
I know I usually see a handful of Hunter’s Green players out there each year. I say we show up and run the joint.
Here’s 10 reasons why you should sign up
1. Competition. It’d be nice to hone those mixed and doubles skills against someone other than your friends and teammates, get the blood flowing, get your edge sharpened.
2. Fun. The more the merrier. We can all set up a little area with chairs and umbrellas. Just like the Club Championships in 2015, arguably the greatest club championships in the history of mankind.
3. J.R. Daws won the 3.5 doubles at this event, his favorite, the last two years. I think we know what he would like you all to do. (Yes, I just went there.)
4. It’s at Carrollwood C.C., which has clay courts, room to set up your lawn chairs to hunker down for a day or two of tennis and a pool (which I’m not sure you can use, but there’s only one way to find out).
5. They do a 50-50 drawing and I think Jeff Lucas won like $1,700 last year. No, seriously. Phuong and I won something too, and they have other auction items.
6. Breakfast. Lunch. Coolers of drinks. Snacks. Great cause.
7. Beer tickets. No, really. Beer. Tickets. And great cause.
8. You get a T-shirt and a bag of goodies.
10. It’s tennis. It’s fun. You’ll be with the Kool Kids from the Green Machine. I mean… what more can I say?
You have my email. Hit me up.